Phone: (734) 764-3481
525 Church Street
|Key Office Hours||M, W, Th, F: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 12:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Note: To provide time for staff meetings and training activities, the Key Office is closed to walk-in traffic on Tuesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Key distribution – keys for University Buildings and property, (cabinets, desks, etc.)
- Installation and repair of door handles, knobs, levers, crashbars, all types of locks, etc.
- Lock, hardware, installation, and repairs
- Card reader installation and repairs
- Rekeying of doors, file cabinets, desks, etc.
- Planning of small and large projects for ingress/egress, hardware and access coordination
- Consultation for special hardware needs
- Clearinghouse for lost and found keys. Note: Keys are held at the key office for 3 months and then disposed of.
- Building keys issued with key requisition forms and cash deposit or work order, check with local administrator or call for details.
- Keys for cabinets, desks, etc. require a work order number, not key requisition forms.
- Green requisition forms (form #4092*) are used for master and submaster keys.
- White requisition forms (form #2835*) are used for individual room keys.
- Requisitions are invalid if not filled within 30 days of date authorized.
- Work Orders are not accepted for Medical School keys, cash only.
- We do not accept checks, M-card, credit cards, etc. – CASH ONLY.
- Cash deposits vary between $5, $10 & $20 and are determined by the department issuing the key.
- To enter a building after-hours, use card readers.
*Forms are only available in hardcopy from the key office.